Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween, Matey!

Happy Halloween!!!

Boy my little pirate crew sure is excited for the day!



Although I LOVED making the kids costumes last year, I just didn't have the time or the energy this year. Some things just aren't worth taking valuable time away from spending time as a family, and this year, it just wasn't worth it to me!

Alora wanted all three of them to match (remember yesterday how I said I too have a matching condition?? She comes by it honestly!). After throwing out a few ideas, they settled on being a band of pirates.

ARG!!

Up for the day ahead is Everett's preschool parade, then the elementary parade for Alora, then down to our small little downtown Crystal Lake for Trick or Treating. The shops have a candy handout every year, which the kids love. I know several of the shop owners, so it is so fun to see all the kids in town dressed up and visit all the shops we love. (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE living in a small town?)

Lastly, we'll head back to our neighborhood to trick or treat some more!

For dinner, we're planning on making hot dog mummies the likes of which have been all over Pinterest this fall.

Photo Credit - Head to Seakettle for the details
Those are for the kids, and I'll whip up some hearty, warm, chicken chili for us.  This recipe from Cooking Light is one of my favorites! Topped with some avocado, and tortilla chips, it is delish!

Photo Credit - Lee Harrelson


Lets hope the rain holds off for all the kiddies!

What are your plans? Do you have any Halloween traditions? I would love to hear about them!

Have a fun (and safe) Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...